"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

11.06.2013

O Remember, Remember!

I LOVE this quote!! I especially love the part that says, "move at a pace that is comfortable for us" and "have the maturity to stop trying to prove something!"


So since I am few days behind I am moving at a pace that is comfortable for me. I will sum of some of my thoughts lately!


In YW a few weeks ago, we taught a lesson on this talk, I remember very clearly hearing this in conference a few years back and wondering how I can apply it to my life back then and re-reading the talk recently I felt very strongly to follow through with the way I felt back then as I did reading it again, so I thought I would start January 1st, 2014 but since for the month of November in the past I have tried to blog everyday about what I am grateful for, I think I am going to try and start
"to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness."

I am going to ask myself every time I blog for the next year,
"Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him."
I know I was shown God's kindness earlier this week, we lost the dog {again} and at first I was frustrated and thinking "why me? "what is wrong with THAT DOG! I quickly changed my thoughts and said a prayer in hopes that we would be able to figure this out being so far away. I wasn't very positive that my prayers would be heard and that it would be like last time 200$ later and "free"dog that has cost me more than those designer hybrid dogs!! I even thought I am done with this dog, we were sitting in a mall in Honolulu eating lunch and the kids asked about him, I told them that our neighbor couldn't find him, I hadn't mentioned anything not wanting to upset them, but I didn't want them to get home and not know what was going on.
Alivia's eyes welled up with tears and so did Bauer's, Kessler's lip started to quiver, Livi then let out this huge sigh trying not to cry. We talked about how much money it would be, and that would mean less of a Christmas. They all banned together saying they wanted their dog back, they wanted to find him, Christmas was important but so was the dog.

We made it home and made and as I was unloading some stuff from the suburban while the kids were at school and I saw the animal control officer start to drive down our street, I stopped him and asked him about any reports this last weekend. Well I was pretty sure that was him, so I drove down to the shelter and they walked me through like I have done before and there he was whimpering when he saw me. 

One of the blessings was is that I didn't get a ticket this time. The officer just dropped him off. I knew I was blessed for having the faith, even with a bad attitude to ask for help.
Another was the happiness and appreciation the kids showed having him back.
And lastly, it is always hard to come home from being gone to a not so clean house, well an amazing friend of mine came over and cleaned my house for me, It was such a blessing!! I am so thankful for the time and effort it took out of her busy life!! I am thankful for the kindness that I have been shown!!

As I take on this challenge I will go at a pace that is comfortable for me, I am looking forward to trying to see more of God's kindness in my life and writing down some of those experiences.  

If any of you would like to join me I would love it, I truly am uplifted an inspired from those I love, I would to hear your thoughts as well!!