"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

8.30.2013

Kessler starts kindergarten


The baby of the family started kindergarten on Tuesday and it was an exciting day for him. He ran into my room at 6:30 was jumping up and down, today is Tuesday, today is Tuesday........
He quickly got dressed hardly ate a drop of breakfast, brushed his teeth, combed his hair and was ready to go.
I picked him up and he was just as happy as when he left.
Wednesday rolled around pretty much the same as Tuesday, super excited, could barely eat. This time he walked with the kids only, I didn't go with. Wednesday is Ben's late day so he left to pick him up right at 10:45 when they get out. Ben calls me about 1050 and said Kessler is not here. What do you mean I said, Ben: the teacher just walked back in and no Kessler. I told Ben to run over to the office and see if they could figure out what was going on. I was worried Kessler never made it to class and he had been missing the last 3 hours. Ben called me and said no Kessler, so I got in the other car and started driving up to the school. A few houses down was little Kessler walking home from school:) He told his teacher I said he could, which he didn't have my permission and the schools policy is that Kindergarten cannot walk home. I called Ben and then called the school they transferred me to the principal, he apologized and was sorry the teacher just let him go. I was so grateful he was okay.
All the kids walking the little brother to kindgarten.
This poor kid (kessler) cannot smile normally, unless you have him say a word.

 I thought this was so cute, the teachers lined up and cheered for the kindergartner's as they walked down the path to their door.


All lined up waiting to go inside.

So happy that he is so happy, this poor mom loves having the kids home so it is kind of an adjustment. Don't get me wrong I will find things to occupy my time, but I found myself the other day turning on the T.V to cartoons for some back ground noise. 


Things I have loved lately
Sitting in the shade
Summer thunderstorms
BBQ'ing
Ben's snoring
Taking baths
Fixing some things around the house



No comments:

Post a Comment