"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

6.14.2011

Update-Baby Addilyn

 This update is a little out of order but I will start with we were flying in from Seattle and my Mom sent me a text saying to call her asap as soon as we landed.
She told me that she had something to tell me that I might be upset and asked if I wanted to know right then.
I said yes, and she told me that my sister Jennifer was pregnant and was in labor and that she would be having a baby that night or in the morning.
I was stunned, I had no idea she was pregnant, (nor did anyone else)she decided not to tell anyone for her own personal reasons.
People have asked ...why didn't you know, couldn't you tell....well I knew she had gained weight but I had gained weight and wasn't pregnant...
I will say though, I knew something was up, I didn't know what and didn't know how hard I wanted to press her for the information I knew was there. 
A little back story that makes this a miracle baby for her. 
Jennifer had a very traumatic thing happen to her when she was a child (13yrs old) that resulted in a pregnancy and with the advice of church leaders, parents and her choice she gave that baby up for adoption.
She since then has never been able to get pregnant again, which I can't even imagine how hard that would be.
 Jennifer's doctor put her on a medicine to help her PCOS and help shed a little weight, which contributed to her getting pregnant.
I am in pure love, with this sweet daughter of our Heavenly Father. She is precious, sweet and a gift to my sister that she has wanted for 25 years.
There is a lot to work through still, she is still emotional about everything and how it all played out.
But we still stare at Addilyn and love her more and more everyday.
 Jennifer does have a hard road ahead of her, but she has been given challenges before that she has overcome and made things better for herself and her kids. I am so happy for her, I am happy to have met sweet Addilyn and the opportunity that I can be a part of her life.



2 comments:

  1. They are both so lucky to have YOU in their lives. That baby is precious. Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. AMAZING. She is so precious and looks very loved. What a perfect surprise.

    ReplyDelete