"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

10.20.2013

Fun-tober

Here are some photos from Ben's remodel. He put this collage together to give to the team for working so hard during the remodel.
We haven't been up to much lately. Other than Alivia planning, making invitations, inviting about 15 people over for a Halloween party she forget to tell me about. Well when I found out we, I was hosting a halloween party on a night that I worked and hadn't planned on. We had to cancel the day of. Sorry to any parents/friends out there who were planning on this fun night. Hopefully we will plan something soon, it did sound fun to have all the kids over in their costumes.

I have been working like a mad women. I had about 50 hours in 10 days, doesn't sound like a lot but airline hours are different.
I am finally getting some answers to my stomach issues, I went to see an endocrinologist about some blood work, thyroid, progesterone, estrogen issues. I think we might be on the right track but can't completely rule out that I would get sick again. Like I have said before I am thankful to have an imperfect body that keeps me going day after day.

On that note, I have been doing some TRX classes, they are fun and challenging. At the time I didn't think my arms, shoulders, legs would be sore but they were. I am also doing my run/walk combo, I have gotten to be a pretty good runner and don't get tired like I used to, but I still like to switch it up by running, and walking on a incline. 

Our fall break (or UEA) was pretty boring, our original plan was to go to Lake Powell but I am glad we didn't do all the planning on that with the government shutdown and all. 

I am getting antsy for another trip sometime. I am thinking January if I can keep up this working schedule I should have some extra cash-0-la to hopefully plan a family vacay, some where sunny and warm is what I am thinking:)

The kids are in full swing of Christmas list, listing.
Alvia is the worst, she loves talking about everything she wants and it changes from minute to minute. Yesterday out shopping we drove past some miniature teacup Chihuahua's and guess what was on her list after that.

I am excited to announce that I go my hair "DONE". I haven't dyed it or highlighted it in a really long time, I have loved that ombre look for quite some time and did a mild version to that. I didn't want to go extreme since my hair is so dark, we had to bleach it to lighten it. I am loving it though I will add more next time.