"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

5.24.2013

Cooper


I have been wanting to post about Cooper for quite some time. He is the most interesting, challenging, loving kid we have. Obviously all the children have the same qualities but Cooper has been extra interesting lately.
The reason I wanted to post this is, his imagination is out of this world and sometimes it is hard to keep up with all of his ideas and thoughts. 
Some of his latest comments-
Wants to sing the Star Spangled banner at a sporting event.
Wants to be a "celebrity" or "movie star" and be on t.v.
Wants to invent new things. (took apart an old garage door opener to see if he could put it back together)
Wants to be a chef
Wants to sell things at Costco (or give people massages????) didn't ask him anymore about that one.
Wants to know why it takes construction workers so long to build things
He has been very interested in when and how, Ben and I met, and doesn't get it that we didn't know each other in school.
Wants to be a babysitter
Wants a baby sister or brother really bad, he has had dreams about it and asks me why I am not pregnant if he dreams about it...
Wants to know how the Suburban backs up on its own?
Can't wait for Kessler to be in kindergarten. 
Everyday he goes to the kindergarten fence and talks to the kids, he has a 5 year old friend named Cruz? he says he talks to him everyday at recess and can't wait until he can go to the fence and talk to Kessler.
I am worried that he still does not play with anyone at recess or sit by anyone at lunch and not very often wants to go out and play with his brothers when he is home.
These are not all just the ones that have stuck out for a while......Needless to say, he exhausts me!!
I am happy for him that he will now have a summer break but nervous that he loose a lot of ground he has made up this year.
I am going to take him off of some of his medicine this summer, I am going to keep trying to help his anxiety throughout the summer.
This may not sound like he is doing very well but he is, he is very happy, so good at doing his chores. We had a contest with the kids- who ever did their chores everyday without being asked got a 3 hour pass to a local arcade. He won hands down! 
He can do more and more of his homework by himself and is so good about getting up in the morning and getting himself ready to go for school.
He tries really hard to be a good friend when he does play with kids in the neighborhood and often asks what I think he should do for fun, for the little kids.

Cooper is always full of questions, some I want to answer, some I do not. Most of all I am so thankful for that little guy and everything he makes me think about, and letting me be a part of his little fantasy world.

I love the Iris blossoms, they remind me of my Grandma Posey

The boats out, it started so good and sounded so good. Had some trouble with the pump that keeps the engine cool. Ben figured it out today, so hopefully it will be 100% tomorrow when we take it back out again.

Sorry I love my drawing app on my phone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment