"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

5.16.2013

10 years

10 years ago, Ben went to a job fair while still going to school at BYU. He ran into someone who invited him to a Target Job fair the following week. He showed up to the job fair, to which no one was expecting him, his name wasn't on any list/roster/schedule to be interviewed. They interviewed him anyway and hired him to be a Team Leader at the American Fork store that would be opening in a few months. He started his training helping opening the store and all that is involved with that process. Exactly 93 days after he was hired and 3 days after our medical benefits went into effect (Alivia was 5 months old, and I just found out I was pregnant again) Ben was in an accident on Utah Lake. 2 emergency surgery's, being hospitalized, his leg being "filleted" as they called it, and draining for 7 days to be sewn up again with a new titanium rod in place. Target immediately put him on short term disability (we did nothing they set it all up) sent us a check for 500.00 to help with grocery's and took really good care us while he was in and on a wheelchair and crutches.
In the last 9.75 years he has worked so hard, moved from store to store. Covered every position that you can do in Target management. I have even caught him being a cart attendant and cashier from time to time. He has had well over 100 pairs of khaki pants and the same amount of shirts he has gone through 5+ pairs of  black shoes. He has volunteered for habitat for humanity, the food bank, and many other Target volunteer opportunities.
He is currently the STL of Sandy Super Target and also in ADP a program Target has to promote store managers to DTL's. (ask him how excited he is to have to interview with the Target CEO, for his final interview)
We rarely shop anywhere else, besides my beloved Costco. Cooper on many occasions has commented he wants to be a Target guy.
 Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary Ben!
Thank you just isn't enough it is hard to express how hard you work for our family and how much it is appreciated. Much sacrifice comes from the responsibility of being a retail store manager. 
THANK YOU !!!
A very nice passenger boarded my flight his arm in a sling, I welcomed him and asked him if there was anything we could get him to make him more comfortable meaning his arm, I thought he would maybe say an ice pack or pillow?? he immediately replied a beer:) Every time I checked on him throughout the flight he was very nice. As he was deplaning he handed me this yellow paper all folded up I put it in my pocket, I was kind of nervous to open it and see what it said, I wasn't sure after my whole foot massage guy what to expect. This is what I found. Still not sure what I am going to do with it?
Summer break cannot come soon enough. I am over homework!


Alivia had her spring concert a musical Broadway themed, she has been working very hard on her parts all of the choreography and had a successful three night show.
Weekend plans
If the weather holds up we might go camping and fishing. 
If the weather doesn't hold up we will go camping and fishing.
A report of how it goes to come.

Other tid- bits
Garden is planted
Only 2 flower beds to go
10 more school days
boat almost un-winterized
Ben made himself a work bench, not sure what he going to use it for yet?
A big SkyWest rumor we are getting new airplanes (different brand and size) hmmm?




No comments:

Post a Comment