"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

3.31.2013

Aloha.........We're baaaack!!

 Like the Hawaiin's care that the Whidden's are back in Hawaii, but for some reason this place has such a warm, home feeling to me.
It wasn't easy though and not necessarily "fun" getting here.
Stand by turned into a chess game, which move should we make. We ended up flying to St. George and getting a one way rental to Phoenix. (found out Phoenix was having MLB training camps busy, busy flights.) I didn't think the drive was going to be bad, it isn't until I drive for more than three hours, then I remember how much I hate it. It was a pretty drive though.
There was one section in the drive that was so thick with cacti and other desert plants it made me thankful for the beauty of the earth, It reminded me of when we drove through the everglades and how swampy, water logged everything was and this was COMPLETELY opposite, I was so thankful for our beautiful earth.

 We made it safe and sound to PHX and stayed the night in a hotel, had a fun night in the pool and a good nights sleep, breakfast buffet and on our way to the airport. We made the first flight to Maui, we got the last 5 seats Cooper and Bauer were on the same row, but both window seats, they were in heaven.. The kids did really well, Cooper and Bauer sat by this cute Hawaiin family who took really good care of them, shared snacks, played games with them.....Alivia sat by these teenage girls that slept the whole time:) Kessler and I were towards the front. 
Our beloved Napili Bay!
On the docket tomorrow....
Macadamia nut pancakes for breakfast,
Watching a special Easter video,
Enjoying some of the beauty all around us,
Picking up the Mr. tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment