"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

6.29.2012

Somebody call 911

So when it rains it pours, I think I have always hated that saying but lately it has been true.
Not sure if my family reads this post (my Mom, Sisters, Brother and I definitely know that my Dad doesn't).
Not sure why the earth seems to fall out beneath you all in one big motion, maybe it because I have been reading the Hunger Games and that story bouncing around in my head seems to make things worse. I need to stick with love stories I suppose.
I don't want to get into much detail other than, I love my little family, I love talking to Ben about crazy things going on and he doesn't think that I am crazy, he just sends me down a path of trying to do the right thing and tries to help me understand why people act the way they do.
I hope people know that I may not be perfect and want to do what's right in every situation I can. I will still make mistakes and sometimes will do the right thing. I will always cheer for the underdog and can't help laughing sometimes when it's not appropriate. (nerves)
I want to send a shout out to people who still love me even though I can have a sharp tongue and will accept me for the way that I am.
My family (not my kids or Ben, but my side) has had some hard times the last couple days and has sent me into a whirl wind of deep thoughts and sent me some strong messages of learning from others mistakes.

I woke up 2 days ago about 3am feeling as if I had been hit by a truck. As the day progressed my sickness got worse, it has been a really long time since I laid in bed ALL DAY LONG. Luckily Ben was off and shut my door and kept the kids busy. I got caught up on some of my shows that I normally don't have time for and took a hot bath every few hours (5 total) it seemed to be the only thing that took my body aches away. I missed out on a GNO day date, that we had planned for a while, I was so disappointed. Today day 3 of being sick I feel better enough that I finally ate something and have been out of bed and walked all the way into the kitchen. Maybe I am just a wimp, but man this has been brutal. By the way if you are wondering how to loose 5 lbs in 3 days, get strep throat.

On a Target side note, they want to appraise our house again, and for some reason it completely stresses me out. I know my house is a "cookie cutter" house, it is not custom (like I wish it could be) and that is has depreciated in value. Thank you Mr. Economy. I guess I don't like the appraisers coming to my house to tell me things I already know. But I will jump through the hoops they need me to like de-cluttering, cleaning, curb appeal and whatever else I can done in the short time frame.
They are appraising it for a possible relocation package they did this when they thought Ben might be going to Canada. We haven't heard anything about Ben being relocated other than there is a lot of STL movement up North towards Riverdale through the Centerville area. Which is more than 50 miles so they do an appraisal for a possible relocation. But I am not holding my breath.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your guts. Love how passionate you are. LOVE how caring you are. LOVE that you cheer for the underdog. LOVE that you are the peacemaker. LOVE that you want to understand everyone and everything. LOVE that you are so forgiving....I need to follow your lead. Mostly, LOVE that I can call you friend. HATE the idea of you leaving. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you - anything we can do - I could come south and watch kids for you - ?!? - hope you are feeling better -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are feeling so crummy. Just so you know, you can't go anywhere because you are the only person that loves me! I won't let you go...

    ReplyDelete