After a recent incident I am especially thankful for the safety that I have been blessed with throughout my life.
A few examples of scary things that have happen that could have been much worse.
~I saw a train accident right in front of my car when I was in high school, the lady that was hit had both of her legs broken.
~I was in a roll over crash in 1999 a few months before I got married, we hit a patch of slush, and started to slide we were headed straight toward a semi truck, who was honking at us to get out of his way, the very last second our car slides into some mud and rolls three times.
~When Ben and I were dating and before I worked for the airline, I rode the bus up to Ben's hometown, to make a long story short, there were two buses traveling through Ben's hometown and they gave us the option of getting off of the bus we were on and going to the other bus. I got out of my seat to go, walked to the front of the bus, saw an empty row and stayed on the bus I had been on. I didn't know this until I saw Ben, but that bus in front of us was in a head on collision with a semi, and the driver was killed and many passengers were hurt really bad.
~Ben was in a horrible wave-runner accident that was very bad, but could have been worse.
~Last night on my overnight in Oklahoma City, there was an earthquake nothing major(5.6) but it was still unnerving and makes you think about how much worse things could have been.
It ALWAYS seems you are right there where the action is. (You didn't mention the motorcycle guy). When I found out you were in the Earthquake, I thought... "Yes... Andrea would be there! She is ALWAYS there!!!"
ReplyDeleteGlad you are okay!!!
ReplyDelete