"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

6.28.2011

June

 We have had a good month of June, we had a great Fathers day, the kids made Ben some cards and we made him a special dinner, and the kids gave him a foot massage:)
He has still been working hard, long days and is getting antsy to go fishing. He set up a pool in the back yard, it is 52 inches deep and 18 feet in diameter. The kids LOVE it, and that is an understatement. We filled it up with the secondary water and it was really cold for a few days, below 70 degrees anyway. We went and bought a solar blanket and that has helped heat it up to 82 degrees and on a 96 degree day, that feels pretty good.

I needed to do something with Alivia's dresser it was in bad way and so with some advice from my sweet neighbor, I painted and glazed it and think it turned out ok for the first one.
I need to do this to our kitchen table and then to our dresser in the family room. Lots of projects out there to keep my summer occupied.
I also have been doing quite of bit of gardening with the flower beds and Ben has spending lots of time out in the garden. We have lots of veggie's growing and doing well.
Kessler is completely potty trained, not more pull ups or anything and will walk in the bathroom and go all by himself. I still think about the diaper days as fast as they came on, it seems they left just as fast. 8 years of diapers is a long time, obviously I didn't think about it much while I was in the midst of it, they grow up so fast....
Above is Kessler's first self portrait and I mean drawing on himself and was very proud of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment