This is a second year we have 'seriously' tried to plant a garden. Last years attempt, well lets just say Ben wasn't raised with my Father, he would be out in the garden sometime 6 hours or more a day. I did pick up on a few things and together we have tried a few different methods.
The row with the trenches method, the spray the whole garden method, and this year the rows and a drip line method.
Our success (used very loosely) this year comes from a few different reasons.
The Grass hoppers did not come back like last years mess.
We added lots of compost, grass clippings, soil, and watered like crazy more. Almost a little too much in my opinion, Ben did not agree:)
But mainly the grass hoppers were 95% fewer!

I also have another reason for the garden is since I am working in YW I can work on Personal Progress again if I want to, I decided to start and my Faith Value Project was planting and harvesting a vegetable garden. It is supposed to take at least 10 hours to complete and I am happy to report it is complete.
And to a better garden next year, we are slowly figuring this out!
And to a better garden next year, we are slowly figuring this out!
check out backyardfarming.blogspot.com An old friend/neighbor of mine does it. Very informational and a fun blog!
ReplyDelete