"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

10.16.2008

Pics

Here are some of the latest pics of the kids, just playing around in the back yard, it has been beautiful weather the last couple days and we have been enjoying every minute of it.
With the kids out of school for fall break it couldn't be better weather, and an extra special bonus, Ben has a 4 day weekend. Yeah!!!
So Ben and I are going to go to lunch WITHOUT any kids.....What??!! and then go look for Christmas presents and maybe a movie??!! the sky is the limit when you are footloose and fancy free (coined from my favorite aunt Denise)
Today I flew to Minneapolis/St. Paul area, with another flight attendant, and we were getting ready to leave and she stopped to talk the the passengers in the exit row and there was these two teenage girls sitting there and we had to remind them to do everything, seat belts, electronic devices, put the stuff under the seat and they were quite annoyed. So their Mom was sitting up in first class and wanted me to deliver some medication to them and I walked it back and said your mom wanted me to give this to you. She replies "oh from the Devil".......oh my gosh (I laugh about it now), but man I am really getting nervous, I was so mouthy at 15 and think......what am I going to do if Livi ever refers to me as "the devil".....


Ben wasn't very happy about my post and commented that I make fun of him a lot. So to redeem myself I will post a nice story about Ben. (let me think of one and then I will get back to ya) ha ha
Okay, one thing about Ben, is that he is a HUGE softy, I am sure a lot of dad's are. Ben loves it when the kids get up in the middle of the night and are scared or just crying, instead of consoling them in their bed, he always walks back in with someone wrapped in his arms and lays them in the bed and just snuggles with them, stroking their hair or letting them lay on his chest. Me on the other hand will talk to them, get them a drink and have them stay in their bed so I don't have feet or elbows in my face.

8 comments:

  1. I too am not looking forward to the day when I am 'not cool'. Love all the pictures. Kessler has to be the cutest baby alive. I seriously think he would win all contests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can picture Ben being a softy. What a nice dad!! My poor kids don't have a nice parent like that. Sometimes I don't even get out of bed to take care of them. We just tell them we're sorry they had a bad dream. Go back to bed. Poor kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And Nathan has that exact Thomas shirt that Bauer has on. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Jared and I are the exact same way. He LOVES bringing the kids into our bed and snuggling with them all night. He always begs me, "One night isn't gonna set any bad habits!", but it's not the bad habits I care about. It's the getting pushed out of my own bed, elbowed in the face and waking up every 20 minutes that I don't like. I guess I'm just mean, but I really value a good nights rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that Ben is a great guy. I have to agree with the bringing the kids to your bed thing. Those little kids will only want to come into your bed for so long and then all the sudden they are calling you the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..your kiddos are adorable!! I doubt very much that Livi will ever refer to you as "the devil". You're a great mommy!! And it sounds like your kids have a pretty great daddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute entry :) That's a funny story about the devil. Haha! I can't believe how much your oldest two look like you! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete