"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

9.21.2008

What happends in Vegas, SHOULD stay in Vegas.

Ben and I were able to go on a really quick weekend to Vegas. To celebrate Ben passing the interview for Target.

So a quick flight to Vegas, ended up being not so quick, I often forget what it is like to travel like a "regular passenger" and being subject to long delays and sitting the airport for hours, (I have had to do that as a flight attendant, but it is different when you are getting paid:)
So after a mechanical problem and a 3 hour delay they found a new airplane and we were on our way.
We stayed at Tresure Island, super nice hotel, and really fun. We walked the strip and check out some of the hotels we had never seen and ended up at Bally's to watch the Vegas show 'Jubilee'. It is the old vegas style show girl show, yes topless, some of the time and after the first few minutes you almost forget.
We ended up getting a bit to eat at the Paris Hotel which is another really neat hotel.
I did think the buffet's were going to be cheap, I do remember they used to be cheap, not so much anymore, minimum 16-17 dollars for breakfast and lunch and 18-25 dollars for dinner, PER PERSON!!!!
Treasure Island had the best buffet and Luxor the worst out of the buffets we tried....(only two:)
Ben had a great time playing poker at the Excalibur hotel, they have these really neat tables, that are all computerized and you don't have a dealer, so it goes so much faster, I won 20$ off the penny games, yes they have 1 cent games for us cheap-os.
Ben was up 90$ and then ended up breaking even due to me winning 20 $. So much for the world poker tour for Ben.
We also went to see the Titanic exposistion which was REALLY cool, Ben kept teasing me as we were going to buy our tickets in was in the very back of the Hotel and it was quiet and not a soul in site, he kept saying and look at the crowds rushing to see this, well what else can you do if you are not going to drink, smoke and gamble???
If you ever get a chance to go and see it, you should, it was very humbling and interesting. All of the artifacts they have collected over the years, and all the stories of passengers and their circumstsances and how they ended up on that ship.
And what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas is true, what a CRAZY place, just a list of things we saw, and Julie I wish so much I had the guts to take pictures of some of these people:)
Gay cowboys, really gay cowboys....Don't get me wrong I have friends with that lifestyle, but there was something about them that made me want to giggle....
Someone loose 900$ at the Craps table in one hand...
Trannies as we heard them referred too...
Satan's helpers, I will post the photo....
A lot of miniskirts and the most cleavage I have EVER seen in my life.
SO stay in vegas, please don't leave, leave my little Saratoga Springs out of the running.
Thank you very much
Thanks to my Mom for watching the kids, I could hear frustration in her voice a few times, it was so fun and some of the things I did not hear or say while I was in Vegas....
Please stop doing that,
Get down,
Eat that all gone please,
GO TO BED,
What is going on here?
Please pick that up,
Please stop DOING that,
No, we can't buy that,

What I did get to do in lay in bed until 10:00 am, go to bed at 2:00am not because I was up, tucking someone in for the fourth time....
I got to eat my food and not share it all,
I used escalators instead of elevators.
I didn't have to pre-board:)
I almost got first class,
I didn't bring coloring books:)
I only brought one bag..

I am glad to be back, it is funny how you miss all of the other stuff so fast....




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun. A definite experience you must have. I keep trying to tell my other half that--but he doesn't see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that that cute little baby face of Ben's could grow facial hair!

    Glad to have you back to the Celestial Kingdom guys. At least it may seem like it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! We miss Vegas! I think in one weekend you experienced more Vegas than we did in 2 years living there! :) Glad you got to see your topless show, although I still think you should have taken Ben to the Thunder Down Under (I'm sure he would have appreciated that!) haha! Fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun vacation. I want to go to vegas!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I wish I knew you were going. I would have told you to eat at the Rio buffet. The best one IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a little getaway together. Vegas is a crazy place, it is always nice to be home from it. :)

    ReplyDelete