"Let's get down to the Nitty Gritty"

Whidden blog~ written by the mother
about the children
the dad
and a lot of ramblings about life here in Utah.

A few things we love
Traveling
Camping
Fishing and Eating Nachos

7.23.2008

Mercy

I was driving the other day stopped at a light waiting for it to turn green, and then a loud bang I looked up and a man was just hit on his motorcycle.
I can't even describe the feeling that I had. I jumped out of my car and ran over to him and knelt down by him, it was so chaotic and scary I had this OVERWHELMING sense of helplessness....as we were waiting for the ambulance to get there, I just kept telling him, he was doing fine and he would be okay. He was barely breathing and still face down on the hot pavement. As I knelt there looking at his helpless body I could smell that he maybe smoked cigarettes. I had a prayer in my heart, Heavenly Father no one is perfect, please help this man in his desperate time of need. I was on the verge of tears knowing that he is one of God's children and we are never perfect and hopefully the day, when we are in a desperate time of need, Heavenly Father will grant us the mercy that we will so desperately need.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to experience that. How awful for you AND him. Isn't it wonderful knowing that no matter what happens to him, Heavenly Father will be right there with him. Keep in your prayers. You need to pray for peace for yourself too. I've witnessed a really bad accident and it haunted me for a long time. I'll keep the two of you in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was so lucky to have you near by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really sad and scary Andrea. You are sweet too to think those thoughts, we are all here for the same purpose. I hope he is o.k. and that you are too. Life is so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad! If I remember right you were the first person on the scene of a train accident... how sad to have to see something like that twice. I am sure you were a great comfort to him. I hope he is ok too....

    ReplyDelete